Backend Software Engineer
If you are looking for new opportunities, take a look at this. We are in the race for banking software development. Let's win this Grand Prix together!
Backend Software Engineer – The Driver
In Proffiz’s Formula 1 Backend Typescript|AWS developer is a driver who helps win titles. You will be architecting and developing a highly available, robust, and secure application interface for public consumption. You are going to be an important team player, and your own success is the success of the whole crew!
Who is on the Pit Wall
Client’s company, backed by leading VCs, is a team of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and the way Australian companies get paid by their customers. With an exciting roadmap of innovative products under development, they are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
🏎 The Race 🏎
Fasten your seatbelt! Our customer is in development of financial solutions to help its customers’ businesses accelerate their cash flow. So we’re working efficiently building the tools to accomplish this. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love challenges, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
Your driving experience
▪ 3+ years of software engineering experience
▪ Strong TypeScript/Node.js skills
▪ Knowledge of APIs development
▪ Good with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, API Gateway, serverless
▪ Knowledge of unit testing
▪ Strong desire to develop high quality code
▪ At least intermediate level of English
Would be a plus:
▪ Knowledge of AWS EventBridge
▪ Knowledge of event sourcing architecture
▪ CQRS Pattern
You will be part of a great international team that consists of 6 people on the Proffiz side and more experts working from other locations, including React, TypeScript, Java, Android, AQA and DevOps engineers.
The race begins with a warm-up lap – you may call it – onboarding. During the warm-up lap, you meet the HR-manager who solves various organizational questions, guides you to the office, adds you to internal communication channels, provides you with the needed equipment, etc. Then meet the client and the team, drink tea or coffee, and start exploring the project.
After a warm-up lap, you are ready for the race in which you should:
▪ Architect and develop highly available, robust and secure application interfaces
▪ Design and develop APIs, developer ecosystem, backend and database/data-storage.
▪ Take part in development from scratch in some application components while adhering to the company engineering standards, frameworks and best practices.
The Driver Assessment
▪ HR+Tech Interview (1-1,5 hour)
▪ Client interview (1 hour)
Let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we`ll do our best to assist.
▪ Flexible working hours
▪ You can work remotely, from the office, or mix both
▪ Spacious technically equipped workplace
▪ Regular Performance Appraisals
▪ Free English courses
▪ Medical Insurance
▪ Access to online courses
▪ Corporate events, tech talks and so on