Senior Android Engineer
Finally you are here! Great news, we are in the race for banking software development. Let's win this Grand Prix together!
Senior Android Engineer – The Driver
In Proffiz’s Formula 1 Senior Android Engineer is a driver who helps win titles. You will create everything customers business needs to accept payments, manage their finances, and pay recipients fast. You are going to be an important team player and your own success is the success of the whole crew!
Who is on the Pit Wall
Our client is an Australian startup that is growing rapidly and has already received a $70 million investment at Series A round.
Clients’ company, backed by leading VCs, is a team of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and the way Australian businesses get paid by their customers. With an exciting roadmap of innovative products under development, they are building a high-performing team to take on the incumbents.
🏎 The Race 🏎
Most of the words that describe the banking industry are quite difficult and serious.
But we can assure you that it can be more accessible.
What if we say that you can do so many things by using just one system? Project on which you will work on is going to make business processes better and simpler:
▪ free transaction account in few minutes
▪ purchase terminal
▪ no paperwork
▪ no-lock contracts
▪ no annual fees
It’s all about making people’s lives as business owners much easier.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, they’re putting together a team you might want to join.
Don’t miss the chance!
Your driving experience
▪ 5+ years of software engineering experience
▪ Strong background in software engineering; has a good grasp of Object-oriented programming principles and has a demonstrable ability to produce good code
▪ Proficiency in native application development for Android devices, using Kotlin and Java
▪ Advocates quality within the team through sound testing strategies and establishing team rituals
▪ Appreciation and know-how in building efficient CI/CD pipelines
▪ Knowledgeable in different programming architectures
▪ Proven track record in supporting rapid and agile product deployments
▪ Extensive experience in integrating with external APIs
▪ Knowledge of architecture patterns such as; MVVM, Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture
▪ At least upper-intermediate strong level of English
Will be a plus:
▪ Experience working with Bitrise, GraphQL, Rx, and Jetpack libraries
▪ Experience with PCI compliant environments (PCI-DSS, etc)
▪ Experience in payments
The project started in 2020 and has grown by 50% over the last 6 months (100 people worldwide).
You will be part of a great international team that consists of 6 people on the Proffiz side and more experts working from other locations, including React, TypeScript, Java, Android, AQA and DevOps engineers.
The race begins with a warm-up lap – you may call it – onboarding. During the warm-up lap, you meet the HR-manager who solves various organizational questions, guides you to the office, adds you to internal communication channels, provides you with the needed equipment, etc. Then meet the client, the team, drink a cup of tea or coffee and start exploring the project.
After a warm-up lap, you are ready to the race in which you should:
▪ Architect and develop Android applications. You will get experience focusing on the use of GraphQL APIs, identity management providers, and tools to produce secure, vulnerability-free code.
▪ Сollaborate within cross-disciplinary teams to own product software development.
▪ Contribute and promote standards and engineering best practices.
▪ Support operational activities such as; process automation, compliance activities, SLA upkeep requirements.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy the fun of development from scratch in some application components while adhering to the company engineering standards, frameworks, and best practices.
The Driver Assessment
▪ HR Interview (30 minutes)
▪ Technical interview (30-40 minutes)
▪ Client interview (1-2 hours)
Let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we`ll do our best to assist.
▪ Flexible working hours
▪ You can work remotely, from the office, or mix both
▪ Spacious technically equipped workplace
▪ Regular Performance Appraisals
▪ Free English courses
▪ Medical Insurance
▪ Access to online courses
▪ Corporate events, tech talks and so on